Saturday, January 29, 2011
Im such a Goob sometimes! totally forgot to blog the portraits of this special family!
Each fall I have a special day in the park in the fall foilage. The Laster family was one of my appointments that day. I drove my 1951 Classic Pickup "Lucille" to the park so I could haul some hay in it and I accidently popped the clutch and then my truck wouldnt start.
I was worried about being late to my appointment with the Laster family and couldnt get it started, when they pulled up behind me and recognized me from my web site.!
They were so sweet, they even got out and tried to push start my truck for me, while I put it in first (a neat trick my dad taught me.) Thats the nice kind of people they are! What a handsome and adorable family.
They were so kind to me and said they read my blog all the time. How could I be such a goober and forget to Blog thier portraits? I think Im getting forgetful in my old age.
Arnt they adorable? You could just feel the love and joy in the air when you are around them. I got a bit teary eyed because when I met the Grandpa, he looks so much like my dad and they are only one year apart! (82 years young!)
And look at that precious baby girl. You can really tell good parenting by how the children act, these kids are happy and sweet and well mannered. Even the dogs were great (and those are Labs!)
I have a portrait of this family in my studio and it makes me smile every time I see it.
Im so thankful to God for the wonderful special clients he brings into my life. I feel like their families are my extended family.
Thank you guys for entrusting me to be your photographer. I cant wait to see you again.! :-)
Honestly arnt these boys the cutest? I wanted to scoop them up and kiss thier cheeks!
Grandpa and his grandaughter. Whats more tender than that????
One of them said "Hey Bill, Did you read in the paper, that a methamphetamine lab has been found in an old farmhouse in the next county? And someones been stealing liquid fertilizer from Jims farm.
Whats going on these days?"
He then said "Bill why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"
And Bill said " I did have a drug problem when I was young.
I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to weddings and funerals.
I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think.
They are stronger than cocaine, Meth, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.
God bless the parents who drugged us."
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Today I got to take Brittons 1 month portraits. What a precious baby! This is the little sis to Holland who has appeared here on the blog over 16 times!
Britton was such a good trouper! She didn't mind the cool air and hardly ever fussess!Shes so sweet and has the tiniest button nose! Her mom and dad are my truly favorite number one VIP clients. In fact, their like family to me.
Thanks guys for bringing her in! Im ordering an enlargement of this pose of this for my studio wall. I love that sweet look on her face.
Its Official! Our boy received an acceptance letter from TEXAS A&M last month and that is where he is going! If you dont know, our son ADORES AggieLand! He's a huge fan! Two walls in his room is even painted the Glidden Paint Color of A&M!
Were so excited for him! Hes been accepted into the Engineering Department. Were so proud he is in the top 10% of his class (AP classes) and he rarely ever brings a book home. When I ask him when he does his homework he tells me "IN CLASS MOM!" .
Hes hoping that he will also get to play football for them too. I am just thankful he never got hurt in high school and not sure if I want him to play for A&M. Either way he will have a great time. He was even on ESPN one time at the beginning of an A&M Nebraska game, with all his crazy A&M parphenlia on, including his big hat, glasses and Maron wig! I guess Ill be going to lots of games in the next 4 years! Time sure flies, seems like he was just my little toddler yesterday. Mamas pay attention and get all the time you can with your babies, they really do grow up so fast. In a blink of the eye.
(Images above "Squeeze" by Gary Peterson)&("28 Camera Drawings" by Christine Berrie)
There's a great web site called 20x200.com at http://www.20x200.com/ that sells beautiful art for very reasonable prices!
I've been looking at it for about 6 months. Very fun and affordable art work for your home. I cant get enough of art. To me art and photographs really make a house a home! Check it out, They have works as affordable as $20.00. Ive ordered the image above of all the cameras! By the way those arn't photos of cameras, they are drawings!!! I have a couple of those cameras, so its extra special to me!
Also speaking of art, I came across a wonderful new Gallery in town! Ill write more about it in a bit. Its Brad Jensen and its located downtown! More to come soon about it!
"Rose breasted Grosbeak" by Amy Jean Porter would look great in my daughters home!
To see it go here!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
I love books, and this is just a small sampling of what I own, these are the ones that are currently in our family room. My husband is a big reader too, but most reads paperback military novels. I have thought about buying a kindle, but I just love the tactile feeling of having a book in my hand. The smell of the pages, the full color images, etc.
I like to display them this way sometimes. Just thought Id share.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Today, Our son is offically the Strongest Boy in the State of Texas. Not just in his weight class, In ALL Classes,even Boys heavier than him. not just in our Region, BUT THE WHOLE STATE, and not just in his 3A Division but in All Divisions. He lifted today a total of 1710 pounds, in the squat, bench and deadlift. Its posted on the THSPA web site.
One of the things that always makes me get teary eyed is how he asks the Lord for strength in a prayer. You can hear the hush fall over the gymnasiums when he does this. Not another boy does it.
How much do we love this boy? More than I could ever say. Heres the Video of it on YOU TUBE! http://youtu.be/CCGAj0fPnrU
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Its always hard for me to get away, but I sometimes just have to do it.
I drove down there with my office manager and a friend of mine, Renitta for the Photographers Convention. What a great time we had. I have been doing photography since my first job with a newspaper in 1989, and it seems you can never learn everything. Technology evolves so quickly and there are lots of fun new things always coming out. I saw lots of old friends and made some new ones as well.
The weather was a bit overcast and rainy for part of the trip but beautiful and sunny for part. I woke up today to these frigid temperatures and wishing I was back down there now! Lol.
The river walk is beautiful all times of the year and we had some delicious Mexican food at Mi Tierra's one night (what a beautiful place) and also at Cafe Rio. We were serenaded by a mariachi band, singing La Bamba!
Our office manager Jacquelyn attended many of the classes and she learned lots of new things as well.
It was a great trip, we are well rested, excited and eager for a new year. Thanks for being patient while we were gone. Everything we do is to help become better for you, our clients, because we truly want to provide you with the best in Professional Photography. Our clients deserve nothing but the best!
Happy Thursday yall!
Pics coming soon.
Friday, January 14, 2011
This is the most fun thing! Its a decal that you can place on the back of your iphone to make it look like a polaroid Land Camera! Just something fun to dress up your phone. I personally have several land cameras but this is mixing the old and new! Its at one of my favorite sites Photo JoJo! Have a good Friday yall and stay warm!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
I just adore Scarlett. She feels like she should of been one of my daughters!
I'm so excited to receive an invitation to the sweetest couples wedding. Two things make it different than most weddings I go to. 1. is that I won't be photographing it, but I will be a GUEST, my husband I both! and #2. Is that is a couple that are both Wedding Photographers!
This couple is so well known that they could of invited literally thousands of people to their wedding! And they limited it to a couple hundred and I was one of the few chosen ones! Wow. so sweet!
The wedding will be in April in Jacksonville, Florida and the happy couple? The awesomeScarlett Lillian and Stephen Knuth! I'm so honored! Scarlett is a dear friend and the sweetest person I know.
She is an amazing photographer, and a Christian and all around great girl! I haven't met Stephen yet, but Scarlett has told me what a super great guy he is! I told her to follow her heart!
It will be gorgeous no doubt and I'm so happy for them!
Here's a shot of Scarlett and I in Jacksonville Florida on 9-9-09 when we shot a wedding together on the beach in Jacksonville! http://www.scarlettlillian.com/#/weddings-landing-page/ I shot the image of her on that page with the bride and groom with her showing them their image on the back of the camera. (MY FAV SHOTS) Shes just a bubbly happy wonderful person who deserves to be happy. I love it when I get people and they get me back. I guess thats the basis for friendship! I also cant wait to meet her mother Renee in person too!
I will be posting pics of their wedding (I can't just go to the wedding and not get a few shots can I?) http://wwwdixie.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post_11.html
Monday, January 10, 2011
I had posted some shots of her recently with her parents and her sister. But this was her first photoshoot by herself, sint she preciouos?
I made her birth announcement and wanted it to be fun and playful, I think they're cute. What do you think?
She was so cute sleeping with her little cheeks all mashed up and precious lips all folded up. i love how babies have that light coating of Peach fuzz all over. Shes a doll. I can't wait to watch her grow up and how big sis Holland and her interact. Poor daddy Kirk, he better get the shotgun ready now for the boys coming around soon! :-)
Hey guys, hope you are staying warm on this cold wintery day! Its going to get down to 9 degrees F tonight! I just wanted to tell you guys about a precious client and friend of mine. She has been bringing her family to me for portraits since her son was a Senior and now he's a handsome man serving in the US Army, with a family of his own.
You may have read about her in the Times Record News. read about it HERE
She is the owner and CEO of DREAM BAKERS! I've heard so many good things about her cupcakes and cookies and pies!
I just placed an order for 5 dozen cupcakes for the Burkburnett Football Banquet and I know they will be beautiful and tasty! They will be iced with football players and school colors and footballs!
I hope you'll check out her website and give her a try when you need that special dessert or goodie!
What I like is Every week she has a special cupcake or pie that she features, including Brownies, sugar cookies (decorated and iced!) Get some for the Super Bowl party, or any occassion!
Check out her website here! http://www.dreambakers.org/ and her phone is (940) 636-0953 her Facebook page is at
Sunday, January 09, 2011
Ive been having a hard time choosing which ones to Blog, I usually only blog 1-3 pics but I have so many adorable ones! I had a super busy week and weekend, but Ill be putting the final ones on in the morning. Thank you Steve and Christina! Hes an angel. :-)
Happy, Proud and Loving Grandma!
Snugling in the backyard under the trees on a beautiful day.
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Our son is a power lifter. i used to love to lift weights. I took pride in it. When I was 27 I could bench 125 (the same as my weight and I could run 3 miles in 3o minutes.) THOSE DAYS are GONE. So im gonna do it. I'm taking lots of scary Before pics so the afters look good. I can hardly wait.
3. Put friends and family first more often. I think a lot of my photographer friends can identify with the downside of being self-employed: work is almost always first. It’s so easy to fall down the slippery slope of “Why not work a few more hours?” So this year I’m going to make myself focus more time on checking in with family and spending more time with friends. I think it’s a win win — work gets more focused energy and my non-work life does, too.
4. Attend Church more often. Now I average one Sunday a month. I need to be there along side my son and daughter and family every Sunday. I'm just so lazy on Sundays. Theres something alluring about my recliner and fireplace on a Sunday morning. It wraps around me and wont let me out, And my favorite blanket, you know that super soft one? I just want to be 6 years old on Sunday morning and stay in my Jammie's all day and do things like Color, sleep, read and sit. Sit a lot. Then nap and sit a bit longer.
I love the lord and going 12 times a year isnt enough. Plus our Pastor Gary Riles is awesome. he can make you laugh and cry in the same sentence.
5. Document real life more often. I’ve flat out forgotten to take pictures of most things that have happened in my personal life over the past few years. More shots of my husband, our grandsons, my parents. real life. I want to videotape my father telling stories, and my mom too. I want to photograph them doing something they love. So this year I want to be better about taking pictures and actually saving them somewhere they won’t be lost, such as being printed out and framed. Not on a hard drive. It’s hard to top a great memory, but it’s nice to have something to actually look back on, too.
6. Make my home a priority. I love our home and its decorated very tastefully. But I need more organization, and to declutter a bit too. I'm planning on having a great yard sale in the spring. it will be huge, as I have 3 storage buildings full of beautiful furniture and studio props. Stay tuned for it.
7. Visit old friends. I was never someone who had a lot of friends growing up. I believe in having just a few really deep friends. Not shallow fair weather friends. I adore the ones I have. But saying hi on face book and a passing visit every 10 years isn't good enough for me anymore.
I am always making plans to visit them but rarely get the chance to actually follow through. But no more. I’m so thankful to have friends that go back that far in my life and this year I’m going to be a better friend to them — no excuses. They deserve to be a bigger priority in my life and I’m going to do my best to make that happen.
8. Be scared — and brave — more often. I haven’t been truly scared of anything in my life since giving birth to my son. I used to do all sorts of brave things. Bungee jumping, flying around the world ALONE. Betting it all in Vegas, etc. But I want to do more. I want to skydive and things like that. I need to do more of that this year. Much more. It’s a great reminder than life happens outside of this Computer, too.
9. Remember the happy. Fellow photographers,you know how this feels: You have a great day, hear from nice people all day and then get slapped with one doozy of a mean e mail or voice mail. I’ve gotten pretty good at letting them roll of my back, but sometimes I can slip into that place where I forget to really absorb the happy comments, too. I’m going to work harder this year to really soak in the kind things people say as much as I soak in the negative things. Both are valuable feedback and I shouldn’t let the ones that can hurt a bit drown out the ones that don’t. My daughter always says "Don't let anyone rob your JOY mom, Its really really important." I love it when she says that.
10. Cook a lot more often. My son is 6 2 and 240 lbs and he has a big appetite. My husband works hard and they deserve something better than Pizza. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am a really really good cook. I didn't learn to cook well until I was about 35. I can make almost anything, i really can. Its just that im too LLLAAZZZYY to do it as often as they would like. Like 6 nights a week. I mean its all that work and then slurp, its gone in 10 minutes. But my family deserves some LOVIN' From the OVEN.! Yep, I'm gonna really follow through on this one. I actually love grocery shoppping too. I just need to plan better. Its all about the planning, then the gro shopping and then the execution. Look for lots of mouth watering pics on my blog this year of the wonderful meals I'm going to woo my husband with. Hey wait, doesn't this conflict with resolution number one? Oops. First thing I'm going to try is a MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH this weekend. and lots of Roasts, Pork tenderloins and Stews and desserts. and wih full color pictures. Oh yea. 2011 is gonna rock.
BTW, last thing is I want to devote more of my time to reminding the people in my life how much they mean to me, whether it’s through a hand-written letter, lunch date, little gift or just a big hug.