Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Going Coastal!

Photobucket
Here is something I made in my spare time for our home. If you know me, you know i love the beach (I have since i was 2 and we lived in Oregon and we went to the beach often!) anything to do with the beach I love. Our home is very decorated beach like the past several years.
This is a fun project and easy to do. Just get yourself a 16 inch or smaller foam core wreath base, from Michaels, a hot glue gun, some raffia, a bunch of shells and some newspapers. Simply hot glue the shells to the form (I bought 6 bags of shells and used a few i had found while in Jacksonville, Florida. After you've hot glued them on, take some 24 guage wire and wrap it around the top to make a hanger for it. Then cut raffia and tie a bow. hang from the wire and raffia. (the wire just makes it that much stronger.) VIOLA! Coastal cuteness!

It took me a couple of days, and a few burned finger tips from the hot glue gun, but it turned out fun. I love to make wreaths for various times of the year. Its a little hobby of mine. Enjoy!
Photobucket Step one get wreath and Shells
and start hot gluing like a maniac for several hours, being careful not to burn your fingertips!
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: