Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baking, shopping, wrapping and loving.


I hope you are all taking the time to enjoy the holidays. Even though our studio is really busy, I'm taking the time to enjoy it. I'm baking lots of goodies and am going to make a wonderful quiche tonight for my son and I and daughter and her family and then we are going to see the Fantasy of Lights at Midwestern State University! My husband is away on business for 12 days but will be back Saturday.
Hes going to be so surprised to see how beautifully my son and I decorated the inside of our home wtih two beautiful trees and all the other adornments! (he did the outside before he left town.!)

Ive got lots of things I'm baking, fudge, pies, a cake that looks like a Castle, I'm going to make another Rib Roast too.

I have decorated three trees, and shopped for gifts.The way that I get into the spirit is to go to The Galleria Mall in Dallas the day after Thanksgiving and watch the ice skaters and view the beautiful decorations both in the mall and outside and that always gets me in the mood.
Also listening to our local Christian station or KLOVe or Air One helps too. If you have a recipe that you like to make during the holidays Id love for you to send it to me! I love to cook, and i cook a lot more this time of year more than any other time.
Whether its a main course, a side dish or a dessert, Id love to hear from you. Just email me at
PDixie@sw.rr.com
Ill share with you first. This is a Soup/stew?? dish don't know what to call it, that we love around here.

Its called White Chili. But its not really chilli.
Here ya go!
HUGS! Dixie


Ingredients

3 pounds cooked Great Northern beans, canned.
2 pounds boneless chicken breast, skin removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium onions, chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
2 4-ounce cans chopped jalapenos (substitute mild green Chile's for less spicy version)
4 cups chicken stock or canned broth
20 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1 fresh jalapeno or Serrano, chopped
Sour cream.


Instructions

Place chicken in a large sauce pan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook and simmer until tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.

Using the same pan, discard water and heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and sautè until translucent. Stir in garlic, chiles, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, and cloves. Sautè for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, beans, and stock. Let simmer 15 to 20 minutes. (this smells heavenly!!!!)

Just before serving, stir in the grated cheeese, reserving some for topping. Ladle into bowls and serve with sides of grated cheese, chopped jalapeños and top with sour cream if desired. Tastes great with Garlic Bread too! ENJOY!!!
Pin It!

No comments: