Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, July 12, 2008

My honey does the sweetest things...







The view out of our hotel room looking North.


Neiman Marcus downtown Dallas. I snuck these photos of the Vera Wang wedding dresses, one was $15,000.00! But most were $4,500.






My DH (dear Husband) took me to Dallas for a romantic couple of days.
Our son flew out of Dallas to Houston to visit his girlfriend and my husband surprised me with reservations at one of my favorite restaurants INDIA PALACE near the Galleria, on Preston. I love that place! Its romantic and dark and their Beef curry and Chicken Masala and Vindaloo are so spicy and delish!
Then we went to the romantic HOTEL MAGNOLIA http://www.magnoliahoteldallas.com/dallas.aspx LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!


I have posted photos above of the the ceiling and and one of the hallways.


As soon as we pulled up to the Valet last night, it was top notch service. As you walk into the lobby, cool air scented like Magnolias tickles your nose! The decor is Art Deco and proudly atop the 26 story hotel is the famous Red Peagus! They even offer Cookies and Milk between 8 and 10 pm.


Its right in the heart of the Deep Ellum and West End area near the Adolphus.


Our room was very nice with a 270 degree view on the 19th floor. We could see West, North and East! My little Canon sureshot camera I bought recently couldnt capture the beauty of the view, but trust me, it was breathtaking.

Then my DH surprised me with a bottle of Champagne (JULES MUMM, its a nice champagne -We drank the entire bottle! Theres just something so festive about champagne and Bruce and I love to celebrate Nothing! Just each other! Why not? Life is short! http://www.julesmumm.de/start.php


We had a romantic visit there. This morning the breakfast buffet was wonderful and we hated to leave.


We then went to Nieman Marcus located only a couple of blocks away for some shopping! I had a great time. Of course I had to visit the Wedding Gown area and check out the Vera Wang gowns. Let me say that it is hard to find a dress that isn't strapless these days.


I also wanted to check out the Manolo Blahnik shoes on the first floor. The style of this Neiman Marcus is wonderful and both contemporary, yet you feel as if you are back in the 40s. (My favorite era) They also have Chanel and Georgio Armani on the 2nd and 3rd floors.





I saw some Georgio Armani sunshades that I am going to surprise my husband with for his birthday next month. (hope hes not reading this)



Then lastly we went to the Dallas Bridal Show at Markethall and we got to visit with several photographer friends of ours. D 'Ette of Las Colinas, Steve of Grapevine and Dewayne of Arlington and talk with some of the other vendors.

It was a lovely time. I have the sweetest hubby!
Pin It!

No comments: