Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, July 10, 2010

In your own backyard!

grasshoppper Dixie
I'm always telling people that you don't have to look any further than your own backyard for peace, happiness, beauty and wonder! This guy was sitting on one of my benches while my grandson mowed our backyard. He wasn't afraid of anything. He just sat there for a while. He gave me time to get get my camera and focus and everything. When my grandson came by with the mower, he moved like 2 steps (do grasshoppers take steps?) and then stayed still. I love how you can see the tiny hairs on his legs and back. And the "claws" gripping the wood.
Although I'm not a fan of G.hoppers, I think that God makes the most wonderful creatures and hes interesting to say the least.
For my photographer friends this was shot at f 1.8/ 500/sec 100 ISO. with a 50mm lens.
Pin It!

No comments: