Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

On my Soapbox tonight




Okay Gang, I'm going to get up on my soapbox tonight. I just got another email (probably the 10,000 time someone asked me "What kind of camera should I buy so I can take pictures like you?"

I was very nice, and polite to them, but honestly It offends me. Why did I go to school for years and years and earn the degree of Master Photographer if all it really takes is to just get a really nice camera?
I but I just need to explain something. If I buy a super nice Gas Stove, a VIKING 6 Burner for example, will that make me a Master Chef?
Well, the answer is a resounding NO. (I can also drive my husbands Corvette, but it doesn't make me a Professional Race Car Driver either.)

WHY? Because its not really your tools that make you proficient at something. Its your training and your skills.

Im sure someone here is going to be offended by this. Im not trying to. Maybe this example will help.
I can buy sparkplugs, but it does not make me a mechanic.
thanks for listening. I had wrote more here earlier, but I editited it down. If you want to discuss the subject, you can always email us here. thanks!
Pin It!

No comments: