Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I take a break from work, by doing yard work!

Ive been working hard trying to get everyone taken care of before the end of the school year. I'm sending orders to the lab and working late each night to get all the orders sent to the lab. But yesterday I took a couple of hours away from the computer (I can only sit there for so many hours.) and did some power washing of the patio, and planted some flowers.Photobucket

Here are a few snaps around the yard of old things I have that I love. And some new! If I didn't garden and get my hands dirty every now and then, i think I'd go mad. I love my job, but its a good balance. And of course I picked the day that it hit 100 degree F in Texoma to do this! Were going to have a end of school year party soon and am enjoying getting the yard ready, along with the usual Tikki torches, I'm tiling our Bar table in a Mosaic since part of the glass cracked last year and just plain working hard. But I love it! Now back to Adobe Photoshop and more airbrushing and sending pics to the lab, have a photo shoot today and Life is hectic but great!

Photobucket
The candle holder above on the LEFT, the "caged" looking one, I got a Pier 1 Imports the other day. They come in two different sizes and have a little glass Votive holder inside the cage. I put unscented candles in mine, but you can also get the Citronella ones if pesky mosquito's are a problem. http://www.pier1.com/

The old one on the right was from Pier I imports a few years ago. i love its patina and how its faded. Reminds me of my favorite beach house we stay at each year. http://www.seashellvillage.com/

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We built our house New 14 1/2 years ago and I designed the backyard to be part BEACHY, and part Spainish style. I love Satillo tile you find in Mexico at the great resorts there, but I also love the ocean. So you'll find a mix of the two styles. I guess Im not real feminine, I want my Boys to be comfortable in our home and yard and if I "girlied" it up too much, they might feel they were at a grandmothers house. But I dont knock the cute shabby chic style. Its pretty, but not for me. I prefer nature and textures and outdoorsy instead. If it werent for our girl dog Ginger, Id be outnumered by the males in the house!
Pin It!

No comments: