Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Our Master Bath is Finished! March 23, 2016

OMG. When we bought this house 29 months ago the master bathroom was HIDEOUS! I mean SCARY!  The only reason I agreed to buy the house was because Bruce promised me we would update it.  I loved loved my house in Wichita falls, It was beautiful. And Perfect and Level and the walls were textured nice and the carpet and flooring was flawless. It was very beautiful. Then Bruce retired from the Air Force and got a job in Houston. I was devastated to leave my last house. We had built it when our son was only 2. We loved it so much. We raised our son in it. And I found this hideous old (40 year old) outdated from the 70s house. The only good thing was the rooms were huge and I saw the potential it could be. I was so homesick for the first year. My heart ached for my beautiful perfect home i used to have.

So we redid the Game room first, then the hallway bathroom, Then the dinning room. Then some work in the Great room, then the Boat house (All pics to come soon) Then the downstairs Guest Apartment.  Finally Bruce asked me "are you ever going to redo the master bath?" and I told him, It was the Cherry on top. It was to be the last room or one of the last rooms because I wasn't sure what I wanted. Then he informed me that We were running out savings that we had set aside for the reno and if i didn't decide soon, I would never get my dream bath. That's all it took! I had already pinned over 1,100 photos on my Pintrest board for my master bath ideas. 1,100 pictures PEOPLE> EVENTY HUNDRED PICTURES!!!!

I think i was ready because most of them all looked the same. Honed Itallian Carrera Marble, White floors, soft blue paint walls, polished chrome fixtures,  Beautiful Sconces, and the "pièce de résistance" a SLIPPER TUB in a beautiful window!
So We did it guys. We did it. Details and pics coming soon. OMG We did it!    
This photo was my main inspiration piece. This photo is what really inspired me. Although my new bath does not look exactly like this one, its still pretty perfect!
The PICS ARE BELOW!
And heres ours below!.

I absolutely love the paint color. I chose "SEA SALT" by Sherwin Williams. Its a color that changes with the light! Sometimes its grey sometimes its robins egg blue, sometimes its almost green. I love it and it goes so well with the Carrera Marble.
The closet doors are new too! Before they were typical doors and I always wanted Plantation style doors like you see in hawaii and Florida or anywhere its humid. Well its pretty humid here near Houston. I will have to tell you about the floor tile in a minute. In the shower, around the tub is all Real Itallian Carrera Marble. Oh Yes, it was the big ticket item, next to the tub.  Im talking here about the floor time. Thats where I saved money!  Its the big subway style, 24 inches by 12 inches. It's porcelain! and only $1.99 a piece! Thats .99 cents a square foot!  I fretted over this decision like crazy. I loved the floor on my INSPIRATION PHOTO at the top of the page, but basket weave is just so fancy and this is a lake house. It would be so easy to go too formal. But I kept myself in check and my hubby doesnt want to live in a womans' house. I do like "gender neurtral" style with just a touch of femininity. So I went nuts in my closet. Ill show you that later! but Ill tell you its the most Feminine room in the house BY FAR.
Ok Ill stop rambling, heres more pictures.
I ordered this handshower online. I will locate the link. I LOVE IT! you have no idea of the problems I had talking my plumber into putting it underneath an outside window. He had to run the copper around a wall and build a bigger wall for it (Which was my idea) But Im so glad i did it. 
Heres the new shower! Before it was tiny and dark and scary. I had the idea to rip out the linen closet next to the door and enlarge it. Bruce was against it and kept saying the shower would be TOO BIG. Well guess what. HE LOVES HIS SHOWER. We added a 10 inch Rain Shower head and 3 body sprays. I designed the entire thing. I sketched the shower, hand picked the marble tile and then tracked down 3 tile guys to lay it. I hired a neighbor to help me Rip out the old shower. It was HORRIBLE. I am not kidding. It took us 3 days and made so much dust. and we had to go to the Dump ground and throw all of it by hand into a huge Dump bin.  But it was SOOO WORTH IT! I came up with the idea of having a small pony wall so that I could have a heated towel bar. Our son installed the towel bar and wired it up. Theres no switch, its directly wired into the wall. I cant tell you how nice it is to step out of the shower on a winter morning and grab a nice hot towel. Ahhhh its the little things isnt it?  See the sad shower before shot below? sad sad sniff. wheres the tissue.  Pitaful actually, It was like a Vertical Coffin. creepy and the floor tile hurt my feet. I HATED using it. 

I found a photo of the tiny shower before. See how sad it is? And the glass had so much hard water stains you could hardly see through it.
This is after me and my assistant ripped out the walls and all the tile and took it outside in a wheelbarrow one load at a time and dumped it on a trailor. Yes it was 3 days of hell. Bruce dodged the bullett by being gone on a 4 day trip. I paid my laborer $125 a day to do this and it took us 3 days. But theres NO WAY in heck I could of done it by myself. 

More pics coming soon. Gotta Run for  now!


Pin It!

No comments: