Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2012

They grow up so fast!

When I opened my first studio in Wichita Falls in 1996, I hardly knew a soul in Wichita Falls. My military husband had just transferred us here from Okinawa Japan. Although we are both native Texans, we had never lived or even visited Wichita Falls before. Although My grandmother was living in Graham with my great uncle , we had no other family around here. I was very lucky early on to meet a young lady named Thea and soon i was photographing her entire family and her sweet little daughter Lynsey. Now I can hardly believe Lynsey is a Senior. I was so thrilled when I got to photograph her Senior portraits, and today her last "home Basketball game."

I cant believe what a beautiful, strong, independent young lady she has grown up to be. It seems like yesterday she was in my studio, only 3 maybe? with pigtails. Time flies so fast and I am so grateful for people like Thea and Lynsey and her family. They have allowed me the privilege of watching them grow up. Ive got to know them and care about them. I had to avoid the subject about how fast Lynsey grew up today to keep from showing her mother how emotional I really was about her baby girl growing up.

But I'm crying now looking at these pics of her. Because time really does fly and I know how her mom loves her and hows shes feeling right now. We get these beautiful gifts from God and we love them and care for them, and we get the privilege of watching them grow, play sports, study, and grow up, and then next thing we know, its their last ball game. Its a bittersweet feeling. Both Pride and Sadness at how our babies are about to fly the nest.
Thank you Thea for letting me watch your beautiful baby girl, turn into a woman, in front of my lens. I am honored to be a part of your family.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: