Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


My husband went to the Pentagon this week on business and came back with a beautiful gift for me! Ive never seen anything like it. Its a Christmas ornament, but its made in layers of 24 karat gold. and is made to to look like the one President Benjamin Harrison had for his grandchildren in the White House during his presidency.

"We shall have an old-fashioned Christmas Tree for the grandchildren upstairs, and I shall be their Santa Claus myself." said President Benjamin Harrison.

"A toy train and a wooden sled await Benjamin, Mary's rosy-cheeked doll sits on a tricycle, and nearby is Marthena's much wished for dollhouse. A three-foot-high Santa Claus completes the season's spectacle." says the brochure.

This has definitely kicked off my excitement for Christmas and the holidays! Is it too early to put up a tree?
Pin It!

No comments: