Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Monday, October 12, 2009

Who's that boy?

I actually have 4 storage buildings full of photographs, negatives, and studio props and furniture. That's why I was so excited when I came across this particular portrait.
Can you guess who it is? No fair for our families to guess! Okay Ill tell you, its our son!
This was taken almost 11 years ago when he was only 6 years old.
I shot it for a competition in 1997 and it was titled "Bottle Boy". Just thought Id share it with you.
It sure reminds me that time does fly by, so take lots of pictures of your children while they are little!
Hes almost 17, and I still take lots of photos and I take him to other studios as well. It was shot with a medium format camera on 120 film and printed in a darkroom by hand, by our good friend John Murray of Euless Texas. It was very tedious and time consuming back in those days. But Ill always treasure this. Another portrait of him titled "First Love" actually won multiple awards that year and was published in a book and the portrait went into the traveling loan collection and toured around for a year around the world! I'll dig it up and show it to you soon!
Pin It!

No comments: