Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Speak up!

I'm really honored that I have been invited to be the guest speaker at the Austin Professional Photographers guild in January and also today I was invited by the San Antonio Professional Photographers Association to speak in June.

I really enjoy speaking at programs. Ive done it many times, the funny thing is I don't get nervous until about 20 minutes before I go onto stage and they put the microphone transmitter on my belt and I'm about to go on. I get a bit of stage fright, but as soon as I walk out I'm fine!
I love love love teaching and sharing about this amazing field that Ive chosen as my life's work.
when I see a light go off in someones eyes, that they actually get it, and understand, it gives me goose bumps, really!
Teaching pros is quite a challenge because many of them are seasoned pros and many are fellow Master Photographers like myself. You have to have information that they need, so that you don't bore them with info they already know.
I have a huge thirst for knowledge and read voraciously and am always eager to share!

One year I actually spoke to 8 different groups in one year. I would say that the Dallas Professional Photographers was the most intimidating, they had a record turn out that night and it was in a beautiful hotel near the Galleria in North Dallas. I had just gotten over the flu and was still very weak. But once I got going, it was fantastic. Its amazing how the 2-3 hours fly by!
Pin It!

No comments: