Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some things never go out of style!

Today I got to meet a precious little girl. She will be 9 soon and so her mother wanted to commission me to make one of our Watercolor Giclee portraits of her.
Her mother ordered a beautiful 20x24 hand painted Giclee (G-Clay) to hang in their home. I love creating these types of portraits, they are so timeless and never go out of style!
They look and feel just like oil paintings!
The artist Steve Grey who passed away a few years ago taught me how to paint, however I do it digitally instead of with oils and acrylics.
Out studios were situated beside one another and we spent a lot of time talking art, photography and lighting.
I was proud to create one of his daughter on her wedding day for him.
I intend to enter one of the paintings from this session into a competition in the fall. With a beautiful face like hers, the judges will adore her!
Thanks guys for bringing little L into the studio. It was a pleasure!
Lauren T FG

lauren closer
Pin It!

No comments: