Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Before I was a mom

So many of my friends now are becoming GRANDMAS for the first time, Me, Ive been one for 10 years! But I think its so great. My best friends sons wife is in labor with their first child tonight. I have another friend who they just had a baby. I have a cousin, who just had her first Grandbaby. In this scary time in our nation with war and the economy, its great to see that people are going ahead with their plans and having a family regardless.
I think that's great! I have heard in Germany so few people are having children because they are fearful about the future that their government is actually paying people to have children!

I wake up each morning and drag out of bed and wake our son up. His dad travels a lot so its me and him a lot of the time, and I love waking him up in the morning.
Even though he is 16 and his feet hang off the bed hes so tall, when hes sleeping, hes just my baby.
I love that my voice and face are the first things he sees in the morning as I gently wake him.

I didn't blog about anything about Mothers Day. Because I was too busy ENJOYING MOTHERS DAY. but I wanted to blog this now. I got it from my a friend a few years ago, and misplaced it. But I found it today!

I wanted to share it with you all. I just thank God that he blessed me with two wonderful children, a daughter and a son, and 2 grandbabies. Tristan is 10 and Aaron will be 2 tomorrow! I cant beleive its been 2 years since he was born. I was there and he came by C-section. He was 9 lbs. 3 ozs and I loved him instantly!!!

They call me "Grammy" and its so great being a Grandma. (Or Glam-ma as I call it!)

Ive got gifts for Aarons birthday and he looks so much like my son. Tristan is an angel too. So smart and thoughtful and his eyes just dance when he smiles at me.
Even my mother says they are both the "sweetest boys."

So when I read this, I can also add the word "GRANDMA" to it. For my "mom" friends out there, you have no idea what real love is till you have a "Grand Child." if Id known they were this great, I would of had them first!



Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.


Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Pin It!

No comments: