Senior Photos Book a Session Kind Words The Artist Image Map

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Eva Longoria and Tonys little reception location


Well, I am still reeling over the fact that an adroable couple like the Davis's were selected to photograph Eva Longorias wedding.

The pictures are great! They are in OK magazine.

I tell you what, I just shot my 500th wedding May 20th and they are a lot of work! I cant believe i've shot 500 weddings in 23 years. Thats a lot! I should have arthirits by now. haha
And when I think of all the cake I've eaten, Brides always want me to sample their cake and I politely oblige. :D)

When I think of those first weddings I shot (23 years ago) (I was only 21 then and had a Mintola K 1000 with 2 lenses and no back up camera!) and when I think about how inexperienced I was....
It makes a tingle run up my spine! So many things could of gone wrong.

I guess the only good part, is that I had been trained by another photographer and assisted him many times before i went out on my own.
Im proud to say Ive shot weddings In Japan (the language barrier was hard to handle. I just bowed a lot to the brides dad and that made him happy.!) LOL!

Ive been flown to Florida, Arizona and done many many in Dallas.
I even shot one in Holland (In "THE Hague" its a city.) The funny thing is the Bride and Groom left in an old American car! From the 60s!
The cute thing about Weddings in Holland is that the groom sometimes rides a bicycle with a big basket on the front and the bride in it, for miles and miles and miles.
They have very unusual weddings there. Another wedding I was set to do, but Sept. 11th messed it up, was also in Holland (near Amsterdam). I was so looking forward to it. The bride was going to wear her mothers wooden shoes.
It would of been great. But Sept. 11th happened and the Grooms parents decided to change and hire a Dutch photographer at the last minute.
Destination weddings are all the rage now. Cabo San Lucas is a popular spot.

Anyway... I believe in Love and Marriage!!! and have been married 15 years. Sure We've had our ups and downs, but we are still going strong.
Friday I sat next to my husband and held his hand, while he watched his grandmother be buried at her funeral. Things like that make your bond even stronger.
Ive been there now for the passing of two of his grandmothers and one grandpa. Thats what love is all about. Being there for the other. He was there for my grandmothers funeral too.
As the vows say "In good times and in Bad."

Here is a photo of the Castle, where Eva and Tonys wedding Reception was held.
This was taken a few days before the wedding by Bob. (They spent 10 days in Paris.)
Vive Paris!
Heres to love..
Pin It!

No comments: